Poseidon Atmosphere Full Face Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
I just purchased a brand new Poseidon Full Face Mask and am very disappointed. I’m an experienced scientific diver and have been in the industry for many years. My father went through one of the first LA County Dive Instructor Courses.

My brand new Poseidon Atmosphere Full Face Mask came with a bent servo right out of the box. Poseidon charged me $60 in labor to repair a brand new almost $1000 piece of equipment that was faulty.

The Poseidon Atmosphere’s mask straps are plastic and very fragile.

Also, while Poseidon tries to imply that the Positive Pressure regulator is based on their old proven Jetstream: this is FALSE. While it may look like a Jetstream it is a completely different regulator.

DO NOT BUY A POSEIDON ATMOSPHERE! In over thirty years in the business I’ve never been treated worse by a SCUBA manufacturer.

aausdiver1:
I just purchased a brand new Poseidon Full Face Mask and am very disappointed. I’m an experienced scientific diver and have been in the industry for many years. My father went through one of the first LA County Dive Instructor Courses.

My brand new Poseidon Atmosphere Full Face Mask came with a bent servo right out of the box. Poseidon charged me $60 in labor to repair a brand new almost $1000 piece of equipment that was faulty.

The Poseidon Atmosphere’s mask straps are plastic and very fragile.

Also, while Poseidon tries to imply that the Positive Pressure regulator is based on their old proven Jetstream: this is FALSE. While it may look like a Jetstream it is a completely different regulator.

DO NOT BUY A POSEIDON ATMOSPHERE! In over thirty years in the business I’ve never been treated worse by a SCUBA manufacturer.

Sounds like a frustrating and costly experience!

I had the same problem with the servo. It is definitely a very fragile piece of equipment. If I was going to do it over, I would have spent a few extra $$ and got an AGA.

sbushong:
I had the same problem with the servo. It is definitely a very fragile piece of equipment. If I was going to do it over, I would have spent a few extra $$ and got an AGA.

An Interspiro Divator MKII is less expensive than the Atmosphere. How much did you pay for the Poseidon, if you don't mind me asking?

I owned one - tough breather (past tense). Please tell us how the AGA breathes in comparison if you get one! BTW looks like AGA has boosted prices for mask AND parts for homeland security opportunities...so my LDS tells me....

FFMDiver:
I owned one - tough breather (past tense). Please tell us how the AGA breathes in comparison if you get one! BTW looks like AGA has boosted prices for mask AND parts for homeland security opportunities...so my LDS tells me....

Homeland security opportunities have little or nothing to do with the price increases. Most have to do with the value of the dollar dropping in Europe. A 30% or so drop of the dollar is going to hit through market for good manufactured overseas. There are some other reasons as well. Wonder where your LDS gets this information or is it just an assumption? AGA hasn't made the mask for over 20 years. Interspiro is the manufacturer in Sweden and Interspiro is owned by Ocenco out of Wisconsin.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom