plastic inserts in apollo bio pro fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ecrowe9298

Registered
Reaction score
This is a dumb question but do you remove the hard plastic insert in the foot pocket of these fins before you use them. I got the large and my hard sole 3mm booties will barely fit in them with the inserts in. I got the ones with spring straps and I have to really pull hard to get these over my heel is that normal?

I have the apollo bio pro fins. Yes, remove the inserts. I LOVE these fins. It's like having nothing on your feet at all. Good for sculling and hanging while taking pictures as well. Enjoy!

You shouldn't have to stretch the springs very far...just enough to keep some tension on them.

Great fins. I love mine.

Like Cynde said...remove the thingamabobs.

Don't throw away the inserts - they make handy bootie driers especially for traveling. Curl and stick in the opening, keeps them from flopping over or closed when wet.

this is too funny, i was just going to ask the same question:D

also tried them out for the first time in the pool last night, they worked great...

I had some wobble if i turned my foot fast, but then i already knew i would with 3mm boots, when i get 5+ mm i dont think they will move at all.

so, in the case of alittle wobble, would it hurt the fin or boot to keep them in???

Bob

it would probably hurt your foot to keep them in.

yeah well... try showing up at your first boat dive ever with the inserts still in
(my fins were Mares Avanti Quattros)

after first dive, DM says, "hey, you know, you can remove those..."

i'm like... i knew that... not

bugger

OK Andy, there are a few things you just shouldn't admit to the public so readily :D

You'd be suprised how many people ask this question.

They should come with directions I guess.

Nearly every open-water class arrives at the pool with the inserts still in, sometimes we don't catch it until they have performed their skills even though we go through the briefing that these are "Shape holders" they were installed to keep the foot pocket in shape during transit, etc, and they come back with "My fins don't fit right". :D

I assumed that is what they were, shape holders like some new shoes come with, I just wanted to make sure. I would rather ask a stupid question on here than to feel stupid at a shop. Thats why I love this board!!

Back
Top Bottom