Split fin query

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aga mk2

Registered
Reaction score
please can some one help me I whould like to buy a pair of spit fins but there are so many types to chose from and I am confused if it helps I am not worried about the price I just want the best and looks arnt everything.

I have been looking at the Tusa xpert zooms
the Talera fins, the Atomic fins, and the Apolo bio fins

I am looking for them to be durable easy to fin with obviously and I need them to fit my drysuit boots.

please could some one give me some advice on which ones to go for
I would be very grateful.

I like the apollo bio XT with the spring straps. They are tough (solid rubber), fast, and comfortable. The stiffer XTs give you a bit more torque and seem to work better in currents than some of the softer fins (tusa, regular bios).

A

I use Scubapro TwinJet fins. Got em at Scubatoys or Leisurepro.

Love em.

My Jets don't get dived much anymore.

Doing the complete opposite of MikeSSS, I purchased Apollo bio fins and loved them. They are greased lightnin' in the water with so much less effort.

I bought them, and then transitioned to DIR. Cant do frog or back kick in them as you need the tip of the fin for propulsion, so they are collecting dust and I am now exclusively using my Jet fins.

Such is life of a diver. Working on building a BIGGER garage to house my no longer used equipment,

Tevis

Archangel:
Doing the complete opposite of MikeSSS, I purchased Apollo bio fins and loved them. They are greased lightnin' in the water with so much less effort.

I bought them, and then transitioned to DIR. Cant do frog or back kick in them as you need the tip of the fin for propulsion, so they are collecting dust and I am now exclusively using my Jet fins.

Such is life of a diver. Working on building a BIGGER garage to house my no longer used equipment,

Tevis

Heh, exact same thing happened to me. Those apollos were nice though.

A

Love my Apollos with the spring strap. I can manage a semi-helicopter turn (not pretty, but it works), but can't get the backwards thing to work with them. But, I couldn't do backwards with regular fins either!

nyprrthd:
Love my Apollos with the spring strap. I can manage a semi-helicopter turn (not pretty, but it works), but can't get the backwards thing to work with them. But, I couldn't do backwards with regular fins either!

Man, you made me smile. Backwards thing is for those crazy folks that do that freeky thing with their hips.

A jetfin klutz,

Tevis

Oceanic Vortext V12. Great fins, wide foot pockets, and very maneuverable (with practice)... not sure of your shoe size, but anything above size 10 and I would go with XL to accomodate the rock boots.

I've used them for 4 years, and in a variety of diving.

I put a query up recently about Apollo vs. Atomic vs. Tusa vs. S.pro. Look at some of the posts on there about these fins that your looking for.

Me personally I love the Apollo Bio-fin Pros.

Back
Top Bottom