Turtles and Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ChrisA

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have Turtles now. What diffrence will I notice if I switch to scubapro Jets?

I got the Turtles after got a drysuit and the old Mares Quatros would not fit over the rockboots. At first Turtles felt just to big took to much work to swim. Now after about 4 months and 30 or so dives I like them and miss the control and power when I use smaller or more flexible fins.

So I'm thinking if I like these maybe I'd like something else better.

The Turtle fins are basically Jet Fins with a bigger foot pocket.

Most of our group use jets, one tried jets, then switched to turtles because the foot pocket was too small for him. Some people have claimed there is a little bit of difference in the stiffness in the two, but we haven't seen any appreciable difference.

fit is of prime concern, so if they are a good fit I'd keep them. If they are a bit snug you can try the xxl jets. I use both and prefer the jets stiffer blade, however the turtles fit my dry boots better and the fit makes up for the slight added flexibility. The difference is quite small however.

Aloha, Tim

I didn't care for the Turtle's foot pocket. It is more flexible then the Jet fin pocket I can wear either the Turtle or the XXL Jet and even though the Jet is a little large it feels better to me especially when I frog kick.

Hey Chris. I have all three fins you mentioned and for the same reasons too. I ended up buying the xxl jets in the end. Becky now uses the turtles with her dry suit and rock boots. They surprisingly work for her size 8 and my size 11, lol.

The xxl jet pocket is bigger and therefore easier for me to get on than the turtle with my size 11 rock boot but that larger pocket also requires a shorter spring strap to keep my foot in the pocket. The turtle gets a little tight with size 11 rock boots without a longer spring strap.

The turtle blade is much smaller and more compact than the xxl jet blade so going to the xxl jet blade will mostly only feel dif. because that blade is HUGE. That may be a concern judging from your "I like them and miss the control and power when I use smaller or more flexible fins" comment, if I understood you correctly. Make sense? Hope this helps.

Kidspot has side by side pictures and measurements of all these fins on his web page.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom