Stiff paddle fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halthron

Contributor
Reaction score
I'm looking for some recommendations for open heel stiff paddle fins. I already have a set of Jets so please don't recommend them. So far, the closest thing I've liked has been a set of Cressi Rondines but I'd prefer something a bit stiffer and with either a post or pin style buckle attachment (for spring straps). Which ones made your legs ache when you first got them?

Edit: typo

IF you are having problems with the POS foot pockets on the jets, then one solution might be to get thicker, harder boots that will provide your feet with more protection. Socks could also help. I use 6mm wetboots plus socks with mine. Of course you might also need bigger jets with this solution - unless you are using XL's already in which case you may be out of luck.

Stiffer... ok..

The only fins I can think of are the freediving fins like Open foot version of SPORASUB H.DESSAULT the advantage of this foot pocket is you should be able to use different blades too.

If I'm not mistaken the Aqualund blades were pretty stiff too.

SangP

I have a set of blades. They are definitely not as stiff as my turtles.

I'm not looking for something stiffer than the Jets, I'm looking for something like the Cressi but stiffer. I asked that Jets not be recommended because I already have some.

Halthron:
I'm not looking for something stiffer than the Jets, I'm looking for something like the Cressi but stiffer. I asked that Jets not be recommended because I already have some.
I believe the Frogs are a little stiffer than the Rondines.
Dive-Rite has some reasonably stiff paddles.
IXΘYΣ

Mares Black Volo or Avanti's are pretty stiff...

The Black Volo or Tigers are supposed to be very stiff.

Tom Winters:
Get a pair of the remolded Voit UDT fins that popped up briefly. Your legs will be in screaming agony until they get used to them.
http://www.navyseals.com/store/detail.aspx?ID=201

Geez, I have used a pair of those for years when doing kicking exercises in the pool....and I didn't even know they were cool...:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom