Smaller version of Atomic Frameless?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thelarson

Reaction score
I tried on the new Atomic Aquatics Frameless today - the field of vision is incredible, but it didn't fit me as well as I would have liked (a little big and hard to seal with the "suck-through-your-nose-and-stick-on-your-face" technique). I have heard rumors that Atomic is coming out with a smaller version of the same mask... can anyone validate this? Any clues as to when this will be happening, and if the cost will be the same? I will pay the price for this great mask - if it fits me well. :wink:

I read in another thread here (posted by someone AT Atomic) that they ARE IN FACT making a smaller version very soon.

So, yes....it's supposedly true.

I traded PM's with Darcy at Atomic about this a few months back. She indicated that a mask for narrower faces was indeed in the works, but didn't give a specific date. She indicated that it was months off (as opposed to years). I currently dive a Mares x-vision mid, so I'm eagerly awaiting either the narrower Atomic mask or the x-vision mid in black.

There will be a smaller version coming!. Could be next month or August. That is all I know now.

Thanks
Chad Barbay

what would be the advantage to a smaller mask?I`m an average guy who wants an atomic mask do you reconed the smaller mask??

It should be out in July or August. Do not price yet. Will post when ready.

Thanks
Chad Barbay

LOG-SPLITTER:
what would be the advantage to a smaller mask?I`m an average guy who wants an atomic mask do you reconed the smaller mask??

Purely a fit issue. the current one is too wide for my face and I can't get a good seal around the cheekbones.

Did you try both of the Atomics? I found that the single lens fit me much better than the dual lens, even with the mustache!

mvtek:
Did you try both of the Atomics? I found that the single lens fit me much better than the dual lens, even with the mustache!

Yeah, I tried them both. The subframe actually fit me a little better than the frameless, but still not a great fit. My moustache isn't the problem, it's the depression between my cheekbone and eye that's tough to get a good seal on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom