Anyone ever use a Pro-Ear mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ice9

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I'm looking for some guidance here. Has anyone ever used this mask, and if so, what did you think about it? Did it really help you to equalize? Is it a decent mask? I can't find any info either way about it, besides online stores trying to sell it....

do a search for it and you can get a few discussions about it. I have it, but have only used it in a 4' pool. I was getting water in the ear cups, but I think it takes a bit to get it adjusted. get the hood that goes with it, and it should help form a tighter seal aroundthe ear cups.

bolantej:
do a search for it and you can get a few discussions about it. I have it, but have only used it in a 4' pool. I was getting water in the ear cups, but I think it takes a bit to get it adjusted. get the hood that goes with it, and it should help form a tighter seal aroundthe ear cups.

Tried a search for "pro ear" and "pro-ear" but came up with nothing. Am I using the wrong search terms?

Do the search as "proear". No spaces, no hyphen. I came up with 4 pages of results. Hope this helps.

I will be using it this weekend in OW, so I'll tell you how it goes.

So...what happens if your pro-ear mask comes off underwater?

Having water in your ears is just part of diving, it might take some time to get used to but in the long run I'd rather have water in my ears than have the possibilty of having my dry warm ears suddenly get flooded with freezing water if someone kicks my mask off.
If you're having problems with getting water out of your ears after diving, fill a baby bottle with 1/3 rubbing alcohol, 1/3 hydrogen peroxide, and 1/3 white vinegar. Squirt into your ears after diving or swimming and you probably won't have to deal with water stuck in your ears again...but I can't claim that it smells great.

SparticleBrane:
So...what happens if your pro-ear mask comes off underwater?

Well, put it back on and just blow into your mask and the air will transfer to the ear cups and clear them. It's incredible. It was ten times easier to equalize with them on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom