HUD Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cochran had one years ago, which never made the market to my knowledge either. while i really would like to see it (technology fanatic as i am) and get rid of this "annoying" wrist unit, i hold my breath at this point...

Are we talking about the same HUD that Oceanis is "just about ready for distribution" for the last 8 years? I had to quit holding my breath a couple of years ago. At least now people have said they have seen it.

I was able to try one on at the Scuba In-ten-city show in Plano, TX this past April. The Oceanic rep at the show was crossing his fingers for a release this Fall, and stated they had produced just under a 100 units (all for the military). It was pretty sweet. He said you should expect it to set you back around $2,000.

cowjazz:
He said you should expect it to set you back around $2,000.

I go down to see the fish I don't want the display getting in my way anyways. It seems to me like this would be more intrusive diving then I would want. I check out my gauges often but can do without watching my computer count down 2500 psi one inch at a time. I guess it woudl be safer though b/c you could never let your psi, depth, or time get too low without realizign it.

Hey brut why use comp then. Table and your simple water resistant watch is good enough and more reliable. Just dream about display of PPO2/OTU/Depth/BARG/ time etc on HUD. It does not obstruct your vision otherwise all the fighter pilots would have crashed long ago.

Vision wise, the HUD mask was on level with a garden variety black skirt mask. The display was not distracting, and did not interfere with my vision.

With a FFM I would consider it, but the idea of a $$$ halfmask that can be easily kicked off is not very appealing. That being said, HUD's are great. They have become quite common on rebreathers in form of LEDs. Attached to the DSV, they give a variety of info depending on the unit, from pO warnings to actual pO2 readout, controller, cell battery warnings, in the Cis-Luanr and Ouroboros even deco status.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom