new fins huray

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rescue teen

Registered
Reaction score
im looking to get a new paitr of fins im looking at the twin speeds from scubapro any advice?

If you are a bubble diver, you may want to look at the Tusa splits. However, the Scubapro twin jets and twin speeds have also been well received. It appears that advances in paddle fins may make them a cheaper alternative but it is difficult to keep up with all the price ranges and discounts. On another thread, the new Aeris Mako is praised. I don't know about them but I understand they will show up at dealers this summer. I use Apollo Biofin for scuba but they are pricey.

The best advise I can give you is to try them first. If you like them, great, if not you are not out a bunch of bucks. There are a lot of us who don't care for split fins of any sort but many others do. They are your fins and your the one who needs to be happy with them so what we think really does not matter.

I think trying them first is a great idea. see if your local dive shop will let you try them out first. Or ask around anyone that has a pair and maybe you can use them in a pool or swap for one dive.

personally I like the propulsion and control of the "Jet Fin" style. In addition to Scubapro, XS Scuba & OMS each have very nice fins of similar style.

>> FN20x - Power Fin (ScubaDiving Magazine best buy 2005)
>> FN305 - Turtle Fin
>> ScubaPro Jet Fin
>> Oms Slipstream Monoprene

also check out scubadiving magazine they usually do a review of fins each year and have a nice comparison chart where you can weight the fin by your individual preference (again I like propulsion and I'll sacrifice a bit of weight for it)

good luck, sure i didnt really help at all though..goodluck

thank y'all i tried out the scuba pro twin jets loved um and bought a pair in blue \

Back
Top Bottom