Curious about Cressi Big Eyes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

costi

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I went out for a bike ride tonight and like usual, my leisure time brought me to the local dive shop. I had been wanting (needing) a new mask since I had a bad experience with my Sherwood Magna. I tried on several masks but nothing about then jumped out and said ,"buy me". The I saw the Cresi Big Eyes. It fit great, really liked the field of vision, it looks impressive, and the price wasn't terrible.....so I bought one.
I went home and tried it in the jacuzzi and I think I am going to like it. I will try it out for real tomorrow night.
Just curious what you folk's experiences have been with this mask. While it was a bit tough to tell in the "tub", I was also wondering if there is any problem with water getting trapped at the lower end of the goggles (because of the lens incline), when clearing the mask.
Anyways, be interested in hearing comments.
Thanks, Bob

Most folks I dive with who own one love it. It does take most of them 2 breaths to clear it, though, due to the high volume and deep corners for the water to collect in.

Not a problem as long as you're not one of those for whom mask clearing is a traumatic event.

theskull

theskull:
Most folks I dive with who own one love it. It does take most of them 2 breaths to clear it, though, due to the high volume and deep corners for the water to collect in.

Not a problem as long as you're not one of those for whom mask clearing is a traumatic event.

theskull
I thought those deep corners might catch water a bit. Just a matter of getting used to. I also like how close it fits to the face compared to some of the other large lens masks thus keeping the volume down a bit.
Thanks, bob

Mine floods a lot. I think it's just the shape of my face. I still dive it though. And just clear it and move on. No biggie.

Works as advertised.

I have two Cressi Horizons which are basically the same...and I love them.

I have that mask and am very satisfied with it, especially the downward visibility. I don't find it difficult to clear, usually less than one full breath. It doesn't leak much anyway.

My Bug Eyes rules. Never will I dive another mask. Been using them for nearly 2 years now. Bone dry, low pro (I can clear it maybe 3 times with a single breath) and its way comfy.

You can have my Bug Eyes mask when you pry it from my warm, dead, blue drygloved fingers.

---
Ken

Ken,
But how do you Really feel? Just kiddin'......hope I feel the same way about it after tomorrow! Thanks, bc

I just got a sherwood Oracle which is very similar, and I love it. I like it so much that I'm going to get another for my backup.

I dive only with the Big Eyes... a great mask for videographers due to the excellent coverage. Two breaths to clear? High volume? Not in my experience.

However, I thought the Big Eyes was discontinued in favor of other and newer models. The only drawback I've found with them is the mask strap retainers are a bit flimsy.

Back
Top Bottom