SubFrame VS Frameless

SubFrame VS Frameless

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LOG-SPLITTER

Contributor
Reaction score
I wanted to know what everyone is using and to why they choose to use it opposed to the other Please.

I got the sub frame for prescription lenses in the future.

I used Scubapro frameless less air volume

I use the Atomic frameless. Like the low profile/less air volume.

SP Frameless. Best fit I've found in a mask.

Edit - You are asking specifically about two different Atomic masks, the Subframe and the Frameless. Sorry, I 've never tried either.

Not considering fit for a moment, if you need prescription inserts then you want the subframe. If not, then then the frameless will give you slightly better field of vision. However, I'd recommend you go try them both on your face. They fit slightly differently. The frameless is way too big for my face- no chance at all that it would seal. The The subframe, however, is almost narrow enough that it would work. Next time I'm in the pool at the LDS I may try the subframe to see if it will seal. I'm really hoping that the narrower version of the frameless will be exactly the fit that I need.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom