Backup mask suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mkt

Registered
Reaction score
Hello all...

I'm looking for suggestions for a backup mask. My face is pretty wide, so I am using a Sherwood Titan right now, and I'm pretty happy with it, but I'd like to get a different mask as a backup. Any suggestions for a wider mask?

Thanks!

I've seen the Oceanic Shadow frameless and it seems to be a nice pocket-friendly choice. It lays really flat. I plan to buy one myself.

scubamax frameless :D dont own one but i have tried someone elses before and loved it... and its only about 32 bucks

I have the TDL mask (just got it) and I love it. It's frameless as well. Better yet, I just went to get a link and it's on sale (50% off). I use it as my primary and almost bought one for my backup, but I have enough masks lying around.

TDL Mask

BTW, my face is "big boned" too.

Chris

I use the Oceanic Mini Shadow - for a wider/bigger face I'd suggest a regular Oceanic Shadow.

I used Scubapro Frameless mask less air volume

cmalinowski:
I have the TDL mask (just got it) and I love it. It's frameless as well. Better yet, I just went to get a link and it's on sale (50% off). I use it as my primary and almost bought one for my backup, but I have enough masks lying around.

TDL Mask

BTW, my face is "big boned" too.

Chris

I had an order in with TDL and went to checkout, they wanted my date of birth. They have no need for this information but would not let me continue without it. They just lost a customer

DennisS:
I had an order in with TDL and went to checkout, they wanted my date of birth. They have no need for this information but would not let me continue without it. They just lost a customer
Um. Lie?

It just irks me. I have money, they have a product, here's the money, give me the product. I don't want to deal with their database BS.

I looked at my options:

A)Give them my birthdate
B)Lie
C)Don't do business with them

I chose C

I went into a local dive shop to make a purchase about a year ago, they wanted my phone number. I told them I didn't give it out/its unlisted. They told me it was necessary because I was using a credit card. I offered cash, they told me they still had to have my phone number. I left the gear on the counter and walked out, telling them, there,-now you don't need my phone number. I don't do business with them, I'm sure they have a great marketing plan but their sales plan stinks.

I just want the merchant to take my money, sell me the gear and stop trying to create the ultimate marketing data base. I get enough junk mail, faxes and telemarketers. I keep a separate dumpster email, just for the crap that is generated from rebates, orders on the internet and the people that buy lists from merchants that collect data.

I don't know who the person is, that is one digit off on my phone number, but I bet they get a lot of telemarketers.

bolantej:
I've seen the Oceanic Shadow frameless and it seems to be a nice pocket-friendly choice. It lays really flat. I plan to buy one myself.
Put me down for the shadow as well. Great low volume, pocket-flat mask. Plus, the cool-factor is very high on this mask. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom