Are the new atomic frameless masks the buisness?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubafire

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
So now that they have been out for a little while I wanted to ask how they are received. Are they the business? or are they just the coolest looking mask ever with minimal functionality? (I saw a guy with one the other day...holy cow it had the lowest volume ever....they sit like eyeglasses!)

I'll tell you my story and you can decide my opinion for yourself.

I lost my Atomic Frameless mask a few days ago during a surf entry (and yes, I was wearing it at the time, there were just some large boulders involved...). I didn't get to dive with the people I'd driven for an hour at 6:00 in the morning just to dive with because no one had a backup mask on them.

I went to my LDS today to replace it, and figured since I was there I may as well try on some others that I hadn't gotten the chance to try on when I bought the original one. Most people avoid shopping with me because I am willing to try on every single item that even roughly suits my needs at a given location.

A half hour later I left the shop, the proud owner of TWO Atomic Frameless masks. One will be living in the pocket of my X-shorts from now on.

Masks are all about fit, of course. But if the mask in question fits you well, I sincerely doubt that there's a better mask available today.

I could be wrong,

Adam

One of the dive shops I use to go to asked me to try one on....it didn't seal correctly, so I passed on it. The lady that runs the shop made a remark about how she's asked about 10 people to try it on and it hasn't sealed properly on anyone yet. :p They look pretty nice though.

:yelclap: I really like mine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom