Fins for Frog Kick

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

cleung

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
During 75% of my diving, I prefer to do a relaxing frog kick rather than the usual flutter kicks most people do. I tried the new split fins during the Epcot Divequest dive for the first time and they were okay for frog kicks but not as good as with regular fins. For the rest of you who also like doing frog kicks, what's your experience with the split fins compared to regular fins?

Try Turtle Fins or Rockets with spring straps. Unweildy & heavy but allow diver to effieciently do all kicks (flutter, frog, helicopter, backward)....just needs some practice. Benefit of the springstraps......they do not accidently pop off when doing a giant stride.

Irene:
That split fins suck for frog-kickers.:D
Yup, How do you move water with broken (Split Fins)?
If my solid fins split I would replace them as they would be damaged, right?
Kinda like blue jeans with holes that sell for $100, I prefer the new ones for $25 :D
They will get holes sooner or later and then I will sell them to someone for $100

Maybe I should sell some old broken fins I have. Any takers? Only $100 bucks!
What a deal!

Turtles or Jets.

Split fins don't cut it for frog kick.

SP Jets are the best for frog kicking.

Any stiff paddle fin works fine for frog kicks while my splits stink at them.

I like my SP Twin Speeds for frog kicking. Only problem I have with them is backward kicking. They are a stiffer and larger split fin than any other split I've tried.

While I have yet to master the frogkick I can see the need to do so in the future. My wife and I both have standard and split fins.

I've noticed that alot of the divers that really do the frogkick well (eg our Instructor and his Wife) all use Jet style type fins.

The thing that really impresses and pisses me off about our instructor is his control and ability to do a reverse frogkick and back up underwater LOL. Very frustrating to watch them both.

Back
Top Bottom