DO 6 Gills VS SP Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Green.Tinted

Registered
Reaction score
Done a search on the forum but got little info on the 6 gill.

Would like to know how the DeepOutdoors 6 gill fins compares to Scubapro Jet fins in terms of performance and manuveurability?

the only difference I know so far is that the 6 gill is much light than the jets. Appreciate your feedback. :coffee:

I used Scubapro Jet fin... good performance

Jason Ooi:
I used Scubapro Jet fin... good performance

have u tried the 6 gill? I wanna know how they compare with each other

thanks for ur info though:lol:

I own a pair of 6 Gill and routinely dive with them. I have never owned a pair of Jet Fins so take this for what it is worth. I like my 6 gills and think they are great in pushing a lot of weight, drysuit steel tanks, etc. I have dove them with my rec gear and found them to a bit of over kill with my regular kick cycles. When I use my frog kick they are WONDERFUL, for me. I also call it skulling. I also use the Deep outdoors spring straps and I like them way better than my previous spring straps ( EZ Pro Spring Fin straps from Innovative Scuba Concepts. I have seen and picked up the Jet fins before and they just seem to heavy for me.

ic.... i guess the biggest difference is the weight then, almost bought a 6 gill apart from the fact that the shop is out of stock for my size for a month...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom