Jet style fins for size 14 wetsuit boots?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

loosebits

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I've got my turtles for my drysuit and I love them (might replace them with some XXL Jets though). Now I need some jet-style fins for when I'm diving wet. The XL jets have too narrow a foot pocket and the pocket isn't quite deep enough. Anything out there between an XL jet and a Turtle?

sorry - nothing between the XL and Turtle. Though with size 14, you can probably use the Turtles.

I wear Turtles when diving with size 14 converse tennis shoes and XXL Jets when wearing lug sole size 13 wetsuit boots... XXL Jets are larger than the turtles by a bit.

If it helps, here's a list I've been working on.

http://www.kidspot.org/personal/scuba

Aloha, Tim

Thats' what I was afraid of... the turtles are way to big for my wetsuit boots... maybe I should just start wearing my rockboots with a neoprene sock when I dive wet.

FWIW, I also have size 14 feet. I use a Harvey's 5mm hardsole boot with large original USD Blades. Works very well for me.

Good Luck!

I've got a set of Mares Avanti's (circa 1995) that fit me just fine when I'm diving wet, I just notice I have to do a lot more kicking then the rest of my team to move my tanks through the water.

you could also pick up a pair of High-Tide Ranger boots in 4XL or 5XL and use them with XXL Jets. They work nicely together. If you can't find them contact Mar-vel in New Jersey. http://www.mar-vel.com as they sell them - really nice lug sole 6.5mil wetboots.

Back
Top Bottom