My shoe sizes are 10 and 11. What ScubaPro TwinJet fins size do I need?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ppatrick

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I’m shopping for a used/new ScubaPro TwinJet split fins and thinking about buying it online. I think SP TwinJet has four sizes: S, M, L, and XL (correct me if I’m wrong). The online sellers couldn’t tell which size is for someone who wears shoe sizes 10 and 11. I visited SP website and didn’t find the answer either… Please let me know if you have the info.

Thanks,
Patrick

I wear shoe size 10. I went with the M size SP Twinjets and it was too hard to take on and off. Exchanged them for L size and they fit great.

Large

or you could just go to a LDS and try some on

Don't forget your spring -heels! that will make doffing easier too. (is doff a word?)

scubadobadoo:
It's easier, faster, and cheaper here.:wink:
Yeah, and nobody has even asked whether this is for open-heel or full-foot fins, diving wet or dry, and what kind of boots. All of those will affect the answer, so nobody has given a good answer yet except Diesel298. How can you guys expect to get properly fitted in gear without trying the **** stuff on? I have two different pairs of TwinJets, different sizes, depending on what I'm wearing. I would not have known what to get without trying them on. That's even more true for the booties and I could not have known what size fins work until I knew what size booties to wear. There are too many variables, even on something that seems as simple as fins, to do this with an online store and discussion board advice from people you probably don't know, who haven't even asked the right questions to give a decent answer.

And by the way, TwinJets have very secure, easy-to use straps and buckles (unlike the nasty straps on the old Jet Fins), so the spring straps are not necessary and a huge waste of buckage. Buying the spring straps would easily eat up the difference in price between an unauthorized online dealer (because Scubapro does not permit online sales) and the price at the LDS.

Oh, another thing, Scuba Pro has started to put serial numbers on their fins, so they can tell what is being sold grey-market through unauthorized dealers and what is covered by the warranty. I haven't heard of very much need for warranty claims on fins, but if you ever have a problem with those grey-market online specials, forget the Scuba Pro warranty: you have to buy from an authorized dealer,which means an LDS.

Doesn't the fact that the online sellers couldn't tell you what size to get tell you anything?

divingjd:
And by the way, TwinJets have very secure, easy-to use straps and buckles (unlike the nasty straps on the old Jet Fins), so the spring straps are not necessary and a huge waste of buckage. Buying the spring straps would easily eat up the difference in price between an unauthorized online dealer (because Scubapro does not permit online sales) and the price at the LDS.

With all due respect, among 4 divers, we have 3 sets of Twin Jets and we've had 3 buckles break. In one instance, the poor guy was at least 400 yards from shore. That buckle system sucks at best (no offense to you.... I'm glad you've been lucky). WHEN one of them breaks, you'll have the opportunity to take a closer look and see that it's just a poor design from the get go.

Aside from the quality issue, spring straps just make life easier. However, I should point out that I still have not seen a spring strap design that overcomes the crappy attachment point except for using metal clips.

divingjd:
Yeah, and nobody has even asked whether this is for open-heel or full-foot fins, diving wet or dry, and what kind of boots. All of those will affect the answer, so nobody has given a good answer yet except Diesel298. How can you guys expect to get properly fitted in gear without trying the **** stuff on? I have two different pairs of TwinJets, different sizes, depending on what I'm wearing. I would not have known what to get without trying them on. That's even more true for the booties and I could not have known what size fins work until I knew what size booties to wear. There are too many variables, even on something that seems as simple as fins, to do this with an online store and discussion board advice from people you probably don't know, who haven't even asked the right questions to give a decent answer.

Oh, another thing, Scuba Pro has started to put serial numbers on their fins, so they can tell what is being sold grey-market through unauthorized dealers and what is covered by the warranty. I haven't heard of very much need for warranty claims on fins, but if you ever have a problem with those grey-market online specials, forget the Scuba Pro warranty: you have to buy from an authorized dealer,which means an LDS.

Doesn't the fact that the online sellers couldn't tell you what size to get tell you anything?

If you hate the internet so much then why do you hang out on it? BTW, people are still posting so the original poster will continue to get opinions and info (all of them valid including yours) while at this very moment most LDS's in the Chicago area are CLOSED. :mooner:

As for the Twin Jet buckles, they stink IMHO. Get spring straps for them IMHO. Cheap plastic that does break easily and is a pain to use. So you see, the internet will provide MANY opinions, while YOUR LDS would only have provided the OP with YOUR opinion that some of us clearly disagree with. That said, there is no better way to know how something will fit than trying it on. The real question is, does the OP want to deal with LDS "Nazi Fin Patrol Serial Number" attitude? Keep in mind that the OP clearly stated that he/she wanted to buy them online so why try and change his/her mind? Just answer the darn question or bug off.:wink:

Maybe they started putting serial numbers on the fins so they could remember how many they sold to LP, lol.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom