Need New Mask With Perscription

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

adrisen

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I need a new mask and this time I want to put my perscrition in it. The problem I m finding is a good mask for me and most that put perscriptions told me they can't do a mask with an astigmatism perscription. If I can't get the full perscription then it is not worth for me to do a mask because I well can't see. I have been diving without a perscription mask for naw and I can see better then just doing part of the perscription.

Does anyone know of a company that do a perscription mask or recommend a good mask in general

I haven't tried them myself, but a lot of people have recommended SeaVision masks to me. (I don't have astigmatism so I'm just going the drop-in lenses route.)

http://www.seavisionusa.com/

We use ScubaOptics Inc for our script masks. Mine are bonded directly to the lens so whatevr script you need can be done. Most of the drop in lenses are really just magnifiers. If you are going to go script go full to your needs. Scuba optics will take your script, the type of mask you have, and begin grinding them once they get the info from your lds. The mask gets there, they bond the lenses to it, and send it back. Mine took about 10 days from order to receipt of it back. Cost 110 bucks or so plus mask cost. Only problem. I can see better with it than with my glasses! Makes my optician look like an amateur.

We do RX masks, sending them out to various companies depending upon your RX. The cost will vary based upon your RX also. Scuba is such a visual sport, I understand totally about wanting to get a RX mask to fit you. Why spend the money if you can't see?

If you want a specific quote, give us a call toll-free 1-866-696-6090 and we'll get you a price. I know it's worth it, one of my DM's has an astigmatism and is very grumpy when she can't see the critters she's trying to take pictures of...lol.

Happy Diving!
Britt
CrazyScuba.com :fish:

I can do a prescription for an astigmatism... I need a copy of your prescrip and the mask...Make sure the mask you use is a new one no use putting a load of money into an old rotting mask...have fun Hal

We have had very good sucess with Prescripsion Dive Mask. They will take your mask and install your prescription in it. Mine is bifocal and set up for camera use. They are easy to talk to , give them a phone call and see if they can help you. I do suggest you buy a new mask to send to them, no use putting your lens in an old mask.

http://www.prescriptiondivemasks.com/

I have pretty bad astigmatism. I use a cheap H2Odessy mask with the also cheap drop in lenses. It cost me about $70.00 total. My LDS (PirateScuba.com) put in the lenses while I waited and I see just as good underwater with the mask as I do above water with my current scrip. I cannot see above water with the mask quite as good but that's no biggie.
I see that Pirate Scuba has discontinued the H2Odessy line but have Omer masks with optics available relatively inexpensively.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom