Marking my Jets

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alexxred

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hi All,

Seeing how much I love my jets as to many other on the boats I am thinking that it would be a good idea to write my name on them.

Any suggestions on a marker type pen I could use on the Rubber so it will resist coming off?

Try a silver Sharpie.

Used Silver permanent marker pen

I thought about trying to mark mine as well, but I wanted something more permanent.
After I installed my spring straps, I put a couple of red plastic wire ties on the spring brackets.
Not my name, but I can easily ID them.
Of course it'll be just my luck that one of you will use red wire ties, and we'll end up on the same boat together.
BTW, whoever mentioned removing the mold release agent from my fins, THANKS!
For years I thought they were just turning old and starting to dry rot. After reading about the mold release on them, I cleaned it all off with steel wool, and now my twenty something year old fins look brand new.:D

Check with a trophy engraving shop in your area. I just had my 1st stage laser engraved with my name and did the same with my new fins, I not sure how they did it on the fins but they came out great. At my shop we all use the same brand of fins - it can get confusing.

I`m thinking about getting the gear tags from dan incurance.I will let you know how they work out.

I've used both a white paint pen and a white grease marker (china marker) both work well, though I have to reapply every 50 dives or so.

Aloha, Tim

alexxred:
Any suggestions on a marker type pen I could use on the Rubber so it will resist coming off?

Yellow paint pen works. Put my name about an inch tall on both fins.

I did something else too that my dive buddies like. I used bright colored vinyl electical tape and made some stripes. Horizontal direction on the bottoms and vertical on the top sides. Now my black jet-type fins do not look like everyone elses. Tried to solve the problem that all divers look alike under water. The bright tape also makes it easy to pull my fins out of a pile without hunting for a name. I thought about yellow spay paint too. I did decide to use yellow paint on the anchor and chain I use with my float. Now I (and thers) can tell which line leads up to which float.

Back
Top Bottom