Impressions on the new Scubapro Twin Jet Max???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

H2OU

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Has anyone had the opportunity to get these wet yet? I saw that they were out and was wondering what people are saying about them. To me they look like a cross between the Atomic splits and the Scubapro Twin Jets. Not a bad combo, IMO.

H2OU:
Has anyone had the opportunity to get these wet yet? I saw that they were out and was wondering what people are saying about them. To me they look like a cross between the Atomic splits and the Scubapro Twin Jets. Not a bad combo, IMO.

I tried them on in the shop, and they have a noticably smaller foot pocket than the normal Twin Jets. Which for me isn't good since I have big feet. They look nice, but more delicate and fragile than the Twin Jets. I don't think they'd hold up as well over repeated dives as the normal Twin Jets.

I'm currently diving with Twin Jets, and I love them. However I believe both the Twin Jets, and Twin Jet Max fins are too expensive. If I hadn't got mine for free, I would have bought something else.

Hi,

I have tried the Twin Jet Max in the pool (haven't had an opportunity to go to the ocean recently). I really like them, the denser material definitely keeps your legs and feet down. The foot pocket looks pretty similar in width to the standard Twin Jet, but it is a little longer length wise. I have the same size in both styles of Twin Jets and use them with a drysuit or dive boots.

I have been using the standard Twin Jet fins for many years. I had a hard time not kicking them like a Jet Fin at first, but once you are used to it, they're great!

The Scubapro fins may be little more expensive when you first purchase them (from your LDS authorized Scubapro dealer), but it is definitely worth it to have the lifetime warranty. Scubapro is one of the best Manufacturers I've ever dealt with on warranty issues. Items are usually back to us dealers in less than 2 weeks. That makes it easy to take care of things for our customers and get them back in the Ocean!

Take care Everybody!

Tina
Scuba Sciences, Inc.

Scuba Sciences:
I have tried the Twin Jet Max in the pool (haven't had an opportunity to go to the ocean recently). I really like them, the denser material definitely keeps your legs and feet down.

Do you, or anybody with access to a scale, know how much they weigh? Or better yet, how negatively buoyant they are? I have the opposite problem with my feet - my feet tend to sink. I bought a pair of Jets at 6.5 lb/pair (size XL), which caused my feet to sink like a rock. The Twin Jet Max looks interesting, but I wonder if I would have the same problem with them?

I've only had one dive in the ocean with mine so far. They are noticeably stiffer than the twin jets I used for a year. I went from yellow twins(floaty feet) to the Max. Easier on my back now. Can't judge it's performance yet. Need a few more dives to get used to them and see how my legs handle them.

I went ahead and picked up a pair for my trip to Mexico this week. The foot pocket is much more comfortable than the twin jets, in my opinion. My toes would stick out of the twin jets, but the foot pocket on the twin jet max is closed (it still has a small hole for draining) and the rubber is softer. The blade is noticeably stiffer than the black twin jets as well.
I am looking forward to diving with them. I will provide a report when I get back!

MichaelBaranows:
As soon as I saw them I thoult they looked alot like Atomic Splits.

Yeap, they do!!!

ive only tried them in a pool, but compared to my normal twin jets they are a bit stiffer and therefore offer a bit more forward thrust and wouldn't kick up sand as much if your swimming near the bottom
you can feel the increased resistance in your ankles though

Ok I own and sell Atomics and ScubaPros. My rep claimed the new twin jet maxs would out perform my atomics. I said i would give them an honest shakedown. After 3 pool dives and 6 ocean dives they are OK at best. I still prefer my atomics. The ScubaPros didnt seem to be as adept at manevuering tight circles or responding to slight ankle twitches. But for the person who wants a stiff fin that happens to have a split they are the fin for you. The one Upside to these fins is that the new strap buckle is easier to open and push in as compared to the twin jets. The downside is that the swivel buckle can swivel to hte point that you cant get the buckle back in without rotating it back into place on the post. Overall ill stick with my atomics.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom