Mask Leak Solution...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve Egner

Contributor
Reaction score
Reviewing the "Best Mask for a Mustache" thread reminded me of an obligation.

Back in December, Mike Pederson, of www.diverightinscuba.com , offered free samples of a product designed to eliminate mask leakage due to mustache, smile line, or skin wrinkle issues. His only condition was that I give him feedback on the product, and start a new thread if I liked it.

Well, here it is. I liked it. The clear, odorless, non-petroleum based viscous gel completely eliminated any seepage into my mask. I'd had problems with mask leakage ever since my wife persuaded me to grow a beard... and since she liked the beard, I had to learn to dive with it.

Petroleum jelly worked, but what a nasty look... I caught a glimpse of myself in the car mirror after a dive and gasped... Plus, the PJ can erode the silicon on my mask.

In walks Mike, offering his free sample, with one tiny string attached (see above).
I first tried the product by applying it directly to my mustache. It worked marvelously, but wouldn't rinse or wipe away completely after the dives. On my most recent dive trip, following and alternative suggestion, I applied the product only to the lower seal of my mask.

It still worked! And better yet, it worked for five consecutive dives over a two day trip, without re-application. That's some resilient stuff.

I'm messaging Mike for more of the stuff.

Steve

Thanks Steve! It has been selling and having some great reviews so far. Im glad you liked it....I will be adding it to my website later today for you :wink:

Sorry about the delay and thanks for the writeup...this really is a great product and I hope others see the value and use of this. It really does add to the dive when you dont have to worry about a leaky mask

My husband's been doing the Vaseline thing, but this sounds much better.

Hmm maybe this means I can grow my Goat-T back... :)

This will be on my website for purchase later this evening....sorry about the delay, I was out of town last week and just got in to the shop....lots of catching up to do, but I will it on there and post here that its up later tonight....Sorry for the delay

Charlie99:
Won't that blow his cover story?

All that gunk hanging off my moustache and nose is leftover vaseline. That's my story. I'm sticking with it. :)

Charlie

NAAAHHHHSSSTTTYYYYYY :D

Sorry for the delay....here is the link
http://www.diverightinscuba.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1815

Im hoping that in time, the cost will come down as sales go up. Please, after you try this product, if you deem in worthy, tell a friend or your dive store about it.....the more Im able to sell, the more the price will come down. Im hoping to have the price at about $6 by next year for the same size tube

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom