Mask Leak Sealant (MLS) Review

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RonFrank

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
A while back Mike from DiveRightInScuba was offering free samples of this product. His only request was that if I tried it, I'd give it a review.

I have a stash, and while I don't have terminal mask leak syndrome, I routinely have seepage and may have to clear my mask one or more times during a routine 45~60 minute dive.

I followed the directions, and applied this to the bottom of my Mares XVision mask. Over two days and five dives, no leaks. So in a word, the stuff works. I also did not reapply after the first application, so this stuff stays on the mask for a while.

It's not sticky, and does not really glue up into your stash hair which is a good thing. As advertised it will not breakdown silicon, and it's orderless, or mostly orderless. It did not bother me in any way that is for sure.

Now my only problem is remembering to apply the product! :D

I would purchase this stuff again, so that is about the best recommendation I can give. However the small jar he sent will likely last me a while as a little goes a long ways especially as it seems to last at least for a couple days when applied to the mask, maybe more.

With luck I can just post another thread, and get more free stuff! I LIKE FREE STUFF! :eyebrow:

Thanks for the kind words guys....I encourage everyone to ask for it at their LDS that way you have it on call, or feel free to re-order from my website!!Cheers to leakless diving :D

i finally used it on sunday at hens and chickens. The product worked very well and would suggest others try it

Have you ever managed to get some in your eyes? The warnings on it say to not get it in your eyes and I was worried that it's possible to do that if you remove the mask while it's wet. I.e. the water on it will drip down the mask contact the stuff and drip in your eye.

I know, probably a non issue but I'm curious.

Where did you see a warning about getting in your eye? I have never published such a thing?No its not really an issue, you wont go blind or anything, but you will have goop in your eye and I cant imagine that being comfortable or you wanting that. This is a very resilient product and when its wet, will not flake off and float into your eye...the only real way for it to get there is if you accidentally put your mask(parts with sealant) on your eyes....Disclaimer: I am not a doctor and you should never put anything in your eyes!

RonFrank:
I would think the beaks would get in the way! :rofl3: :rofl3:

good thing i didnt dive alligator reef lol

I'd like to try it but I couldn't find it on the website. Will someone provide me with the name?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom