New larger sized Cressi Sub XXL fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubaroo

Contributor
Reaction score
Cressi Sub has started making XXL fins for drysuit divers - saw them on www.diveinn.com. At the moment they're only available in the Pro Light style - which appears to be a very flexible fin (which might be an issue with frog kicks?). Not sure how stiff it is compared to Space Frogs, which I like fine.

Might be a new fin to add to the list to consider in lieu of JetFins/Turtles.

... have a larger foot pocket, stiffer than the prolight, but they are just getting into the states and so far only in M/L.

the master frog is cressi's biggest, longest open heel. o use them. the blade is longer than the quattro's and is made of the same light and (very) stiff material as the freediving gara.

they could very well be the longest non-freediving fins in the market.

very powerful and stable if you have the legs for them.

K

I dunno who you are talking to but XXL def have there place in diving. When I dive my drysuit XXL fins are the only thing I can use. I have used a Scuba Pro molded sole boot that would require an XXL fin to wear.

ditto

something missing here. the size of a fin is no indication of its buoyancy or lack of it. pure rubber ones like jets, rockets and turtles sink. my cressi master frogs are sinkers.

i am curious. trapped air in the foot pocket perhaps? that's assuming there are no drain holes.

curious.

K

happy diving to all this year of the ram (starts 01 Feb)

I am thinking about drilling some holes in the pocket of my jets. My foot kinda sticks in the XL jet. I thinks its because of suction more than being to tight. Anyone else tried this? How did it work?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom