which snorkle to buy ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dxtreme

Reaction score
got the mares x-vision and was wondering which snorkle is best to go with the mask ?

Whatever will fit in the bag you leave in the car :D

If you want a snorkle that you actually use for snorkling, get something with a large bore, purge valves and flex tubing. If you want one for diving, well, see note above.

The mask really has nothing to do with the snorkle that I can think of.

MD

I agree with all that MechDiver said, but don't buy the OM Dry snorkle, which I did in a weak moment at my LDS. Although it was large bore, etc.... The #%$# thing got stuck, and was unusable, the first and only time I needed it, in bad conditions, while low on air, never have used it or any snorkle since:(
Good Luck

MechDiver once bubbled...
Whatever will fit in the bag you leave in the car :D
If you want a snorkle that you actually use for snorkling, get something with a large bore, purge valves and flex tubing. If you want one for diving, well, see note above.
The mask really has nothing to do with the snorkle that I can think of.MD

Took the words right out of my mouth :D

Dxtreme once bubbled...
got the mares x-vision and was wondering which snorkle is best to go with the mask ?
What's a snorkel?

:wink:

Jimmie

Get the $cheapest one they have$ You will lose the thing, and you won't use it as much as you think you will.

dsgobie once bubbled...
Get the $cheapest one they have$ You will lose the thing, and you won't use it as much as you think you will.

Mostly added drag, and only used on the surface...
More likely, you will lose them more often then you use them...

Skip the bells and whistles. There's no reason for purge valves or devices to keep water out. A snorkel is a simple device that is easy to use. Bob nailed it (as usual), keep it simple.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom