Halcyon mask - slap strap question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scott M

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just received this mask and really like the fit, I have yet to dive it but I did do some dock work free diving. To test it I left the strap really loose almost to the point of letting the mask fall off and it did not leak at all. Hopefully it dives as well.

Regarding the slap strap, I didn't realize when I ordered it that is was velcro and I am not real confident in how well it will hold or stay put when diving, anyone have experience with these? Worse comes to worse I will just get another one. I wish I could find one that I could customize with my own words on it.

Regards

I just received this mask and really like the fit, I have yet to dive it but I did do some dock work free diving. To test it I left the strap really loose almost to the point of letting the mask fall off and it did not leak at all. Hopefully it dives as well.

Regarding the slap strap, I didn't realize when I ordered it that is was Velcro and I am not real confident in how well it will hold or stay put when diving, anyone have experience with these? Worse comes to worse I will just get another one. I wish I could find one that I could customize with my own words on it.

Regards

You might want to look into one of the Marsoops mask straps. They attach to the mask with regular straps and will float the mask if it comes off of your head.

It also is supposed to work as a mask case but I never use that option. When I place my mask down I always put the Marsoops mask strap underneath the mask to protect the lens. Considering my mask has prescription lens it makes it even more expensive to replace a scratched or damaged lens.

They come in black, blue and yellow. Mine is yellow which makes it easy to write my name on it with an industrial Sharpie.

Marsoops All-In-One Mask Strap Cover & Floating Mask Case from LeisurePro.comhttp://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUMMP.html#ReviewInfoTab

You might want to look into one of the Marsoops mask straps. They attach to the mask with regular straps and will float the mask if it comes off of your head.

It also is supposed to work as a mask case but I never use that option. When I place my mask down I always put the Marsoops mask strap underneath the mask to protect the lens. Considering my mask has prescription lens it makes it even more expensive to replace a scratched or damaged lens.

They come in black, blue and yellow. Mine is yellow which makes it easy to write my name on it with an industrial Sharpie.

Marsoops All-In-One Mask Strap Cover & Floating Mask Case from LeisurePro.comhttp://www.leisurepro.com/Prod/AQUMMP.html#ReviewInfoTab
Thanks for the advise and the link. I am not liking this velcro strap at all the more I look at it. I will look into the Marsoops.

Regards

Back
Top Bottom