masks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

eyescuba

Reaction score
I am interested in buying a new mask. was not considering a purge mask... Does anyone have an recommendations?

The best recommendation for masks is try it on. Your mask is one of the most fit-sensitive pieces of equipment. You really need to try try it on to make sure you have a good seal on your face. Every manufacturer has different models for different face sizes. As far as the purge valve, I don't like them either. If I were you, I would head down to as many LDS as I could and try on every mask that catches my eye. Compare the features on each and make the decision based on fit and the desired features you are looking for. Hope that helps

Personally, I like my Dacor Pursuit DL. It is a dual lense, low volume mask with all black silicone skirt. It's very comfortable and easy to clear. I also have a Dacor Bandit same black skirt but the frame is silver, chicks dig it:D I like that one as well because it is absolutely the lowest volume mask I have ever used. Sometimes I use it as a backup and sometimes as a primary, depends on the dive.

eyescuba once bubbled...
I am interested in buying a new mask. was not considering a purge mask... Does anyone have an recommendations?

I just got a nice, low volume Oceanic mini-shadow (~$35/leisurepro) and I love it! However, I also tried the Shadow and it was way too big for my face so you really need to try before you buy.

~<//><

P.S. And it really meets rule #6 - gotta look good!

SCORE ResQ once bubbled...
The best recommendation for masks is try it on. Your mask is one of the most fit-sensitive pieces of equipment. You really need to try try it on to make sure you have a good seal on your face. Every manufacturer has different models for different face sizes. As far as the purge valve, I don't like them either. If I were you, I would head down to as many LDS as I could and try on every mask that catches my eye. Compare the features on each and make the decision based on fit and the desired features you are looking for. Hope that helps

Agreed....the wrong mask, will make for an unpleasant dive.
Too tight, too loose, etc...
Your LDS should be very helpful in choosing a mask.

The fit is the most important thing so try on as many as possible. I recently moved from a high-volume mask to a much better fitting low-volume mask (the Mares Opera). I love my Opera and do not experience any leaks, like I did with my old mask. However, I must've tried on at least 20 different masks before I decided on the Opera. It just fit the best.

I def agree with trying on many masks...but do it with your regulator in your mouth....because...the shape of your face changes and a masks the fits without the reg in....might not fit with the reg in...

from the for what it's worth corner!!

Back
Top Bottom