Prescription Masks--Any alternative to SeaVision?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wasabi

New
Reaction score
I need bifocal lenses in my mask, having hit 45. I can no longer read my gauges. I've looked around at various alternatives. Seavision offers lenses specifically made with your prescription. Many other places will cement in corrective lenses, which I'd like to avoid. Do any other manufacturers or companies make custom bifocal lenses that fit directly into the mask? I'd love to get a mask with wide viewing angle (xVision, Big Eyes, etc.) but I don't want to cement a pair of google eyes into them. Any thoughts?

We have a company that we deal with. For masks with removable lenses (which are usually two window masks) they make prescription lenses that replace the originals. If it's a brand and model that they are familiar with they just send us the lenses and we put them in. Or course you could put them in yourself also. For masks that don't have removable lenses they make glue in lenses. We send them the mask and they install them. With bifocals it might be best to send them the mask with the lenses marked for the position of the bifocals. We, and our customers have had real good luck with their work. The big eyes mask is one that we have often ordered lenses for. I have a match pair of H2 Odysy masks with theur lenses in also. I can't read a thing without mu bifocals. I would have to check to see if they deal direct. You could check with your dive shop or PM me for more info.

I have Mares Esa (one with 6 windows). Side windows are completely useless, but lenses in for front and bottom can be replaced with prescription ones, effectively giving you bifocals.

Got the mask from DiveInn, the front corrective lenses - from LeisurePro. Whole thing cost me around a hundred bucks.

I use the stick-on lenses. They are shaped like a half-circle, come in various strengths, and were about $30 at my LDS (I forget the brand name). They work fine, like wearing bifocals. No problem removing them and transferring to another mask.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom