Fins, what I wish I had known

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's a cool article and it totally describes my take on Splits (I hate them). Now there's a new fin design out called MorFins. They are shaped like a Tuna and they work extremely well for me. Better than paddles and way better than splits. Give them a try! Mor-Fins!

Its like someone took the average post of a paddle fin advocate on this board and made it an article.

Do they make split Force Mor-fns?

N

Mor-Fins. True Hydrofoil techonolgy swim fins. What do you expect from your fins? Expect more from Mor-Fins. - Groovy looking fins, might have been tempted buy just got these :

2005testerschoice.jpg

The US NAVY is launching a submarine in 2009 that uses a tail fin for propulsion just like the tail fin found on Delfins.
I wonder how many $$ that research cost :shakehead:

Breaking news.. "Fish are really quite good underwater" :amazed:

Last edited:
My dive buddy Twain just posted a cool article on the subject:

Fins: what I wish IÃÅ known | Thinking Diver
That blog is just another opinion piece by yet another individual that believes they've got "The Answer" that transcends any and all variables and can be applied to all divers at all times. The "Law of Fins", so to speak. This individual bases their conclusions on their limited experience using "one" set of split-fins and the inaccurate premise that all paddle fins are the same, as are all split-fins. This editorial is severely lacking in any depth and/or substance and most certainly doesn't add anything original or enlightening to the debate. The individual simply relies on the same generalizations and stereotypes about both types of fins that BB posters having been writing for years. While I applaud the blogger's effort and desire to enlighten the "newbies" to the SCUBA world, there are resources out there that are far better researched, thought-out, and substantiated than this one. Any piece that attempts to close the new diver's mind by giving them "The Answer", whether you premise your conclusion with "in my opinion", or not, does more harm than good to the new diver.

Breaking news.. "Fish are really quite good underwater" :amazed:

Fish are good underwater, however, tiny wings on the back of yours fins don't make you a fish. Look at how big a tuna's tail is compared to its body sometime. Then look at those little flaps hanging off the ends of morfins.

If morfins work well, it is not because "hydrofoils" channel the power of tuna.

Fish are good underwater, however, tiny wings on the back of yours fins don't make you a fish. Look at how big a tuna's tail is compared to its body sometime. Then look at those little flaps hanging off the ends of morfins.

If morfins work well, it is not because "hydrofoils" channel the power of tuna.

fish create thrust with more than there tail fins as well, not to mention they have muscles to balance their thrust on both sides of their kick unlike the human body that can kick down with much more force than they can kick upwards

I'm still new to diving, but after about 40 dives with my splits, which I bought while doing my OW course, I wish I had picked out paddle style instead...Oh well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom