Best frameless mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vodolaz

Reaction score
Is there any real difference between the Scubapro Frameless, Oceanic Shadow, and Halcyon's, other than price?

Any others I should consider?

Scuba Max, an outfit that specializes in reasonably priced dive gear, has a couple frameless versions that retail around $35. They're every bit as good as the ones costing double or more.
Some of their goodies are even made by the same factory as the brand names. :wink:

I really like my Scubapro frameless.

I had a chance to compare the Scubapro Frameless and Oceanic Shadow side by side today in a dive shop.

Based on my informal testing, the Shadow has a better field of vision, both horizontally and vertically. I had thought the Oceanic logos at the bottom of each lens would be a distraction, but they were barely noticeable.

There wasn't a Mini Shadow in stock, or I'd have tried that too.

I have a shadow and really like the mask although it has taken about a dozen cleanings with toothpaste to stop it from fogging. Has anyone out there had this problem with this mask as my other masked was okay after the second cleaning.

Big Bubbles once bubbled...
I have a shadow and really like the mask although it has taken about a dozen cleanings with toothpaste to stop it from fogging. Has anyone out there had this problem with this mask as my other masked was okay after the second cleaning.
You know, I haven't heard of this method of defogging a mask. What's the story on that? If it works, then by all means I'd try it out. I did find out that toothpaste works really well for repairing scratched cd's though.:D

You wouldn't happen to have a link for that Scuba Max would you Bob? I'm feeling particularly lazy after the last three days of overtime.:D

Back
Top Bottom