Open Heel Fins for X-tra small feet?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike81

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello!

So my wife and I just got back from Cozumel, and had a great time. My wife had an equipment malfunction which we need to fix before our next trip. Her fins were too big and kept falling off, so for a quick fix we wound up jambing a washcloth in each fin pocket to push her feet out further so the straps didn't slip off.

Some details:
Shoe size is a womens size 5. Fins were Mares avanti x3 in size x-small.

Booties:
Deep See 5/3mm Aqua-Purge Medium Sole Low Top Boots

Does anyone know of an open heel fin that is suitable for a woman with size 5 feet? She would prefer to keep these booties, as she tried about 7 other pairs (diff manufacturers) and none fit as well as these. She loves the fins too, but not if they fall off!

Thanks!
Mike

consider changing the strap to a spring strap? if the problem is that the straps don't get tight enough, that might fix it. then again, if the problem is that the foot pocket is way too big, i don't think it would.

Nancy wears a size 4 or 5 (depending on brand) shoe. She loves her medium Scubapro Lightning Jet Fins.

Thank you both for the suggestions.

Walter, I checked the Scubapro jet fins offered by Leisure pro, the medium says its for a women's 9-10? Seems like a big difference? I guess my wife will have to go into a store and try them on.

My wife also has a size 4 or 5 and she also wears Scubapro medium jet fins.

At first she also had a hard time getting small booties that would fit her, but now she actually has two different models that work for her.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom