Seadive Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dirfriend

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everybody... well it's my first post and request of information....
Well I've seen masks from Seadive and I discovered that the lenses have a particular property of enhancing colours.
Has someone tried that kind of Mask? Do you see colours that usually disappears such ad red etc?
Thanks for the opinions!

I use the SeaDive TruVu Rayblockers. They are a medium volume mask with excellent optical clarity. I have the Eagleye SL and Monarch. I think my sister has the Pilot. I can definitely see better for hunting (discriminate better between objects underwater) and sun protection is great for long surface swims. They are also fog resistant.

http://www.seadiveinc.com/X-FreePS.htm

I think you are talking about the SeaDive rose colored lenses though, which I have never seen in a dive shop.

http://www.seadiveinc.com/visually_enhanced_lenses.htm

The mask is a nice fit for me. The reflective lens is a plus when you're on the surface on those rare sunny days, like sunglasses. I have the blue tint and other than that the muck seems to be browner.

Thank You both for the answer... for what I understood with the mask I get more sharpess on image...or UV protection.
But what about colours, do I get more red? I mean as I am at 60 ft, do I see better colours?

From what I have seen, yellow is nice for NE diving (brightens it up), red is nice for the Caribbean, but then you need a regular mask for night dives. My preference is just a basic mask oppose to multiple ones (kiss).

Northern California generally has limited visibility. The TruVu RayBlocker is not a standard yellow mask lens. Some may think of it as yellow polarized shooting glasses which it is not. The TruVu RayBlocker enhances visibility for easier discrimination of game fish in our less than desirable conditions. They are the only masks I use for all conditions. Save your eyes from reflected surface light for the long surface swims and spot fish faster in low visibilty such as our normal 10' Vis. Just compare the masks at the dive shop for low light and sunlight. You will see the difference. They are pricey though. I purchased ours for about $65 from our dive shop. I also got some as presents by bidding on Ebay.

The rose colored lens is the one I think you are talking about. Many Spearos use them, but they are not SeaDive brand.

Masks | Scuba Masks, Snorkeling Masks, Swim Masks at LeisurePro.com

You may have to repost or re-title this post to get the divers that have the red lens to respond.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom