Mustache + Mask = Leak?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt Blood

Reaction score
Hey guys! As a newbie with facial hair, I was wondering if some of you experienced guys could share some tips on how to get a good bond between my mustache and mask? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks !!!!

with ibnygator. He used mustache wax. It seemed to work for him.

If I let mine grow out too much, my mask leaks. If I trim it too close, it leaks as well. But there is a happy middle ground where my mask seals perfectly with no extra goop and none of that shaving just under the nose.

I trim about an 1/8 inch off the top before diving. Works fine for me with very little leaking.

Right under the nose and some cheap CHAP STICK lip balm and I can some time actually get a mask squeeze when I start my desend. A good quality mask makes difference also I tried a couple different ones before staying with a TUSA PanoGeo

Wildbill:D

I use the top trim method, combined with walter's method.

I have both the facial hair and long hair to contend with. Of the 5 masks I've owned, and the dozens I've tried on, I've found Tusa's seem to seal the best with hair.

divegary hopefully will chime in, since "How do you seal a mask" was one of the first questions I asked him when I met him [with his huge handlebar mustache]. I think it's an ice diving facemask that he puts on under his mask.

I've never done anything special and don't have any kind of problem with my TUSA Platina mask.

Roak

it prevents that neanderthal look as well. :tease:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom