Looking for a new mask w/purge...need suggestions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OHDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi...
I am currently using an OceanMaster mask with a purge valve. I have tried the Cressi Big Eyes (it does not come with a purge valve) and I love the vision with it...
I really have become used to my purge valve and I love it...
I would like to find a mask that has vision similar to the Big Eyes but has a purge valve also...
Does anyone know of any like this? I have yet to see any in my various dive magazines and/or catalogs...
Thanks...
Karen ;-0

OHDiver once bubbled...
Hi...
I am currently using an OceanMaster mask with a purge valve. I have tried the Cressi Big Eyes (it does not come with a purge valve) and I love the vision with it...
I really have become used to my purge valve and I love it...
I would like to find a mask that has vision similar to the Big Eyes but has a purge valve also...
Does anyone know of any like this? I have yet to see any in my various dive magazines and/or catalogs...
Thanks...
Karen ;-0

You can generally add a purge valve to any mask. (Ask your LDS they can probably do it for you.) However, personally I recomend against purge masks. They are a bad solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

James

James Goddard once bubbled...

You can generally add a purge valve to any mask. (Ask your LDS they can probably do it for you.) However, personally I recomend against purge masks. They are a bad solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

James

Thanks, I will check into that possibility... It would be nice to have one that comes that way though... I would think the likelyhood of it leaking would be greater if a purge valve was added...
I have tried mask without purge valves and I don't like them... I definetly prefer having my purge valve... We all have different likes and dislikes... I suppose that is why they make sooooo many different products... I simply like having it, I don't feel that I have it as a solution to any problem...
Thanks again....
Karen :shades:

OHDiver once bubbled...

Thanks, I will check into that possibility... It would be nice to have one that comes that way though... I would think the likelyhood of it leaking would be greater if a purge valve was added...
I have tried mask without purge valves and I don't like them... I definetly prefer having my purge valve... We all have different likes and dislikes... I suppose that is why they make sooooo many different products... I simply like having it, I don't feel that I have it as a solution to any problem...
Thanks again....

Which is why I gave a solution as well as an opinion. I'm glad to hear you don't use it because of trouble clearing a mask properly as it is an easy skill once you have the concept down. I just don't personally like adding such a big failure point to a piece of equipment that is otherwise one of the more bulletproof in the system.

James

OHDiver once bubbled...

Thanks again....

I know a place online that have masks with purge valves....Its www.leisurepro.com :)

Just thought I would tell you guys about it.

El Buzo Loco once bubbled...
Low profile, low volume. Easy to purge and doesn't leak.

This gets my vote as well. It is a great primary mask, fits into your fin foot pocket for travel, and has the nice adjustable straps that adjust in the back, not on the sides. A perfect mask.

OCEANMASTER Z2

I also loved my Ocean Master purge until it started to leak on me at 100 feet and would not stop. It must of had a piece of sand even though I was very carefull. the funny thing is my wife a few dives latter had the same problem. I am now done with purges. It hurt my nose anyway. I liked it though and got used to it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom