Seadive Eagleeye SL mask broken!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

k374

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Today while entering the ocean I reached for my Seadive EagleEye Mask and the thing just came apart in my hand in pieces... the nose/forehead section cleanly detached and the lens fell out to the bottom :depressed: So, to complete my dives I had to go back to the shop and the only single lens mask they had that fit me was this exact same model for $110 :shocked2: OUCH! which I bought since I had to finish my PPB dive and didn't have a spare (ALWAYS carry spares!!)

I really LOVE this mask, it has been awesome to use over the last 18 months (50 dives) , fits me exactly and has never leaked even once... but I am wondering why it fell apart.. aren't masks this expensive supposed to last at least 5 years? I've always taken excellent care of it, always goes into it's box after i'm done and wash etc. after dives so I am at a loss to explain this :coffee:

Why not try to warrantee or let them figure out what went wrong. For that to happen, it would seem that the mask was crushed. Best to have them look at it. I got the same mask TruVu Rayblocker and my friend does also. They were $85 with purge. We bought together so package price $130. I got my sister one from EBay $65. Mine are over 2 years old. I would be interesting to see pics or hear what the manufacture's response.

Good Luck!

unfortunately the mask is a yr and a half old so out of warranty, but for the price I really expected better!

Back
Top Bottom