mach II turbos....?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RICHinNC

Contributor
Reaction score
I noticed in the most current edition of Scuba Diving mag an advertisement for Mach II Turbo fins....page 38 to be exact.

The idea is that you CUT....yes I said CUT....away restraining tabs to make the fin fit your kicking style. This may work....right up until the point you cut one tab too many and cant put it back.

Has anyone tried these things or know anyone that did and what was the results.

I have the mach IIs and think they are geat.......
With the “bullet proof “ rubber design ......it makes them great for the shore diving in BC as well asthe fact that they are an easy kicker with the control of a standard fin yet not “floppy” like other split fins. The boot pockets fit both my drysuit boots as well as my wet suit boots for my pool training dives and with the smooth buckle system it makes for easy adjustment and the Large finger hole strap for quick “don / doff “ for those steep boat ladders (yes I am a short 5'7" and those ladders I swear are made for guys over 6ft) I personally have had no need to cut the Center fin for additional flexiblity as the design of the split allowed me the control and additional power for both surface swimming and control when diving in current.
I personaly have one knee that I have had surgery on and these fins make for comfortable and more efficient movement. I found the biggest adjustment to these fins was that they felt like they were not there.... I did half a dive with the Mach IIs and then switched with my dive partner back to my mares. I officially couldn't wait to get back up and get the Mach iis back. I have been using them now for about 2 months & Just LOVE THEM. I bought mine at www.sidneydivensurf.com and need less to say I have a pair of Mares Fins up for grabs.......

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom