J&J Baby Shampoo for Mask Defog

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeremyrfoster

Registered
Reaction score
I did an internship with an instructor last weekend and he keeps a bottle of Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo (cut 50/50 with water). He squirts it in his masks and finger scrubs thoroughly. It defogs and cleans surprisingly well.

jeremyrfoster once bubbled...
I did an internship with an instructor last weekend and he keeps a bottle of Johnson and Johnson baby shampoo (cut 50/50 with water). He squirts it in his masks and finger scrubs thoroughly. It defogs and cleans surprisingly well.

It does work and it smells good, but you've got to make sure to wash it out completely or you will get bubbles inside your mask if you breathe out thru your nose.

I used to use it all the time. I just use plain old spit now, and it works just fine.

I like the loogie method too, but it seems like the shampoo would have the added advantage of cleaning the mask.

Walter once bubbled...
It works better if you don't mix it with water.

Sure, if your mask never leaks!

I smile too much. Mine does also.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom