Recommendation for Mask for wide face and big nose

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hijax

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hey all,

So I've tried on a number of masks with most having very poor fits. I would say I have a wide face and a large nose. I'm trying to get recommendations of masks that I should consider. Here's what I've tried on:

• Atomic Subframe - Great fit, Bad seal
  • Atomic Frameless - Bad seal
  • SeaDive Cateye - Hits bridge of nose
  • SeaDive Eagle SL - Hits bridge of nose
  • Oceanic frameless - Bad seal
  • Cressi Big Eyes - Bad seal

I'm currently using a Tusa Powerview but of late the seal has been crappy with water getting in my nose area. I'm considering the Mares Liquid Essence frameless and the ScubaPro frameless. I'd really like to narrow down the hunt instead of making it pot luck.

Anyone with a wide face and big nose have any recommendations?

Rey

The Sherwood Rona has a good nose pocket. I'm not sure about the wide face part, but the nose part is good and the visibility is awesome.

The Edge Stealth is another mask that works well for people with wider faces. I've sold them to two divers who described their faces as wide asian and a guy who described himself as built like a bear with the head of a hog (seriously!). Neither has complained of poor fit.

In fact I'll make you the same offer I made them. Buy the Stealth mask from me for 39.99 plus shipping of 9.00. Try it for two weeks. If it does not fit send it back and I'll refund your money minus shipping costs as long as it's intact with no scratches, broken strap, buckle, etc.

If it works you got a great mask for less than 50 bucks. If it doesn't you're out 9 bucks plus whatever it costs you to send it back. Or you've got a great frameless back up if you find one that fits better. This offer is limited to the 2 black ones I have in stock right now.

Last edited:
Try the TUSA Visio or Geminus, also try the Oceanic ION line

Another one that is great and one of the wider masks is the Cressi Piuma

The Edge Stealth is another mask that works well for people with wider faces. I've sold them to two divers who described their faces as wide asian and a guy who described himself as built like a bear with the head of a hog (seriously!). Neither has complained of poor fit.

In fact I'll make you the same offer I made them. Buy the Stealth mask from me for 39.99 plus shipping of 9.00. Try it for two weeks. If it does not fit send it back and I'll refund your money minus shipping costs as long as it's intact with no scratches, broken strap, buckle, etc.

If it works you got a great mask for less than 50 bucks. If it doesn't you're out 9 bucks plus whatever it costs you to send it back. Or you've got a great frameless back up if you find one that fits better. This offer is limited to the 2 black ones I have in stock right now.

Jim, what's the difference between the Edge Stealth and HOG Predator? I know they're two different masks made by EDGE/HOG and just want to understand the advantages of either one.

Rey

I'm in a similar market after being very disappointed with my atomic subframe (shifts downwards slightly if i don't equalize my mask every second, which pushes the bit that the metal piece is riveted on into the top of my nose.

I'm in a similar market after being very disappointed with my atomic subframe (shifts downwards slightly if i don't equalize my mask every second, which pushes the bit that the metal piece is riveted on into the top of my nose.

The Subframe, oddly enough, fit great until I got into the water. It would then fill the nose pocket with water although the eye pockets were fine. Very frustrated with that one because the fit "felt" great. :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom