could a kid use full-face mask?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

namelz52

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I like diving in the cold water,but although I use drysuits an hood,my face still feel cold,so I want to know could a kid(I am 16 years old) use the full-face mask?

namelz52:
I like diving in the cold water,but although I use drysuits an hood,my face still feel cold,so I want to know could a kid(I am 16 years old) use the full-face mask?

You will need to try them on for fit and make sure you will be able to maintain an effective seal.

Try out the Poseidon Atmosphere size small...

Jeff Lane

I'm no expert, but I remember when I was 16 or so I was still growing. Personally I wouldn't waste the money unless you really needed it. Chances are you could out grow it and at about $1000.00 a pop you may be wise to wait a few years before going that route. If your face (read: cheeks) get cold, try lathering on some vasoline on the exposed parts of your face. It acts as a nice insulator and won't wear off. Personally I dive in water that gets down to 31F (personally I have not gone below 36F) and I find my face just goes numb after a minute or two and I no longer notice my frozen cheeks :)

Cheers

namelz52:

oh.my god,$1000?it is too expensive!

namelz52:
oh.my god,$1000?it is too expensive!
Both the AGA and the easier to handle M-48/JMC Supermask retail at about half that. I think the Poseidon is a bit more, but considerably less than a grand. Still, no quality FFM will be cheap.

what is FFM?

FFM= full face mask

Damn you yankies and your dollar :) A FFM with a comm system starts at about 900 CDN (typically used at that price).

caveseeker7:
Both the AGA and the easier to handle M-48/JMC Supermask retail at about half that. I think the Poseidon is a bit more, but considerably less than a grand. Still, no quality FFM will be cheap.

Please keep in mind you should have an appropriate (compatible) 1st stage with a FFM - then things start to move up. Folks on this board are EXPERTS in every sense of the word, particularly Bob3, mntdiver, and rmediver2002. IMHO I would encourage anyone interested to run your purchase by these guys first for their personal opinion.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom