Fin advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mueni

New
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello
I am thinking of buying some new fins, and am very interested in the Scubapro seawing nova and the Aqualung slingshot as they are easy on the ankle, however my next dive will be Marsa Alam, with dives such as Elphinstone and Abu Dabab known for currents. Are they any good in currents? Any other recommendations?
Thank you!!

I have two sets of fins. One is the Scubapro seawing novas you mentioned and I like them a lot. I use them when I go to Bonaire because they are open heel and you need to wear booties for shore diving. But for all my other diving I use these:

Avanti Quattro Power - Full Foot - Mares

These are hands down the best fins I have ever owned. I prefer a full foot fin and have tried a few different ones but these beat out all the others. If something happened to them I wouldn't hesitate to replace them. They are a little longer than normal scuba fins but I have no problem packing them.

I have been using the Mares Avanti Quattros and like them.. They are heavy and take more strength to use (in my opinion).. I tried my buddies SeaWing Nova's and compared to my Mares.. It felt like I had nothing on my feet , in terms of energy required to move them. I just bought my own set and will try them for a week in Roatan next week!

I'll toss my .02 in for Seawing Novas too. I really like my pair, got them used and I'm super pleased with them. FWIW, I wear a size 9 1/2 shoe, a size 10 bootie (5mm) and the medium is a perfect fit for me.

Steve

As instructors our shop wanted us to try them for awhile and I have to say I was sceptical. Well. I walked (swam?) away pretty impressed. They are super light, fairly solid and perform most kicks, including back kick very well. Honestly, if one dove cold water and traveled to warm water often these would be the only fin you'd need.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have a few pairs of fins and it was only recently I tried the Seawing Nova fins. I was suitably impressed with them, previously I have used split fins from Tusa Z-3 to Scubapro's Twin Jet fin. All great fins, but none have the power of the Nova's.

Thank you so much to all of you. I will definitely purchase the seawing novas, and I might purchase a third pair just for the heck of it, the avanti quattros!! I really appreciate your advice. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom