Looking for full foot fin recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oreocookie

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I've just moved to Turks and Caicos for the year and am hoping to ditch the dive boots. I'm currently diving with mares avanti quattros (open heel version) and want something similar in feel and power. Not sure I'll be able to get Quattro powers on the island (my first choice), so I'm looking for some other recommendations.

I know I can get scubapro/subgear through the shop I'm working for. Mares superchannels, and volo race are available walking distance from me and I was told another nearby shop has cressi, but I'm not sure what models. Anything else might have to wait for a friend or family coming to visit with fins in their suitcase..

I mainly frog kick, and like having a bit of tactile feedback from the fin. Suggestions of fins to look into? Thanks in advance.

My wife and I both have Aqua Lung Express Full-Foot Fins. I don't have any experience with other full-foot fins but I can tell you, after a week of diving in St. Lucia, neither of us had issues with foot cramps or blisters. The price was right too.

*I haven't tested them in heavy current.

I have a pair of Mares Avanti HPs, and they are great. I love using full foot fins whenever I can. Used them on a daily basis while helping out an open water class. They have great power and maneuvering. I was able to cross from one end of the pool to other on one breath without a problem while freediving. These fins look great in yellow as well.

My wife and I both travel with Superchannels. We like them a lot and can easily do all types of finning. They are reasonably priced as well. We've had them for 5 or 6 years with no problems or undo wear.

Big fan of the Quattro Powers. I had the regular Quattros before and it's like night and day. Can you just order online?

Big fan of the Quattro Powers. I had the regular Quattros before and it's like night and day.

Like night and day in what way? I like my regular Quattros, just don't always want to have to wear boots. I haven't really been able to find a review of how well the two versions compare. Care to help me out on that?

I'm comparing the Quattro full foot fins with the Quattro Power full foot fins. The Powers are longer, a little wider, and the side rails are stiffer. They take a little more effort, but I'm 6" 200lbs, so not a big deal. With that marginal more effort, though, you get way more thrust. If you flutter kick as hard as possible, they really move you. When you frog kick, you glide noticeably further in between kicks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom