Need new fins or give a mouse a cookie....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

diverjen

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Well, My dive boots weren't really working for me anymore. Too thin, sole not hard enough for Bonaire, also a bit on the small side. So with some Christmas money I got some fleece lined socks and hard soled SP 6.5 boots. Now however they won't fit in my SP medium Sea wing novas. So I need to get new fins. I love my novas but based on my diving I thought I'd throw it out there for suggestions from you guys.

-Knee injury a few years back, prone to foot and calf cramping
-Primarily fly to diving
-like shallow easy diving but will do some drift dives
-sometimes have long surface swims
- my spouse/buddy is a uw photographer type
- warm water wet suit diving.
- love those bungee straps

I also just upgraded my footwear a week ago to a thicker boot (for the same reason.... Bonaire)... I hated it when my old fins wouldn't work anymore. Paying a couple of hundred bucks for some new fins just because I upgraded my boots didn't make sense, but it is what it is.... So, I sprung for some Novas, size large. Merry Christmas to me....

You can always sell your old ones... Because of their high initial cost, from what I've seen there's a pretty good market for discounted Novas.

Jim

Now however they won't fit in my SP medium Sea wing novas. So I need to get new fins.

What color are your Novas? :D

(BTW, foot cramping could be because of your slightly small boots. Please wear your boots to shops to try the fins.)

They are white! I will take a look at the suggestions, too. I switched to a new LDS because the old one keeps pushing in Stock less than ideal sizing of things... Which is how I got the wrong boots in the first place...

Dive Rite XT, Mares Avanti Quattros, or Edge Transcent

How do the Quattros compare to the Transcent? There is a large price difference between them.

The transcends are a fairly stiff fin. I'd recommend them and if not doing it now, switching to a frog or modified frog kick with whatever fin she chooses. Frankly for the type of diving she is doing I'd never spend more than 100 bucks on any fin. The Transcends are under 50.

Can you put bungee straps on them, Jim?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom