OMS Slipstream Fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DJ457

Contributor
Reaction score
So...I've heard a lot of people raving about the OMS Slipstream Fins. I see they are making a comeback in about a month. I'm thinking of getting a pair just because of the great things people are saying about them. Are they really that amazing of a fin?

It is basically the neutral version of Jet fins. So it is good for warm water where you don't a lot of exposure suit. They are stiff, relatively short and with high side profile. They are very good for controlling positions in water, but most cited not very good for swimming long distance especially if you don't have very strong legs. Are they good or not depends on what you want to do in water.

If you dive in west coast CA water, I kind of think OMS is too light. If this type of fins are what you want, the heavier jet fins for Hollis F1 will probably do better.

So...I've heard a lot of people raving about the OMS Slipstream Fins. I'm thinking of getting a pair just because of the great things people are saying about them. Are they really that amazing of a fin?

No.......

They're not THAT amazing. They're great. Better than most. Don't buy gimmicky garbage. Buy something like Jet Fins. If you need weight on your feet, get Jet Fins or Hollis F1s. If you don't need the weight back there, get the Slipstreams. In sidemount, most people most frequently need neutral fins.

Last edited:
It is basically the neutral version of Jet fins. So it is good for warm water where you don't a lot of exposure suit. They are stiff, relatively short and with high side profile. They are very good for controlling positions in water, but most cited not very good for swimming long distance especially if you don't have very strong legs. Are they good or not depends on what you want to do in water.

If you dive in west coast CA water, I kind of think OMS is too light. If this type of fins are what you want, the heavier jet fins for Hollis F1 will probably do better.

Thank you for the comment. The two fins I've narrowed it down to is either the OMS Slipstream or the Hollis F1's. From the sound of it the F1's looks like what I need.

So, Dacor's Turbo I, IIs & IIIs were ahead of their time???............

I'm a California diver and I use F-1s for local diving and Slipstreams for tropical diving. The above advice is consistent with my experience.

So, Dacor's Turbo I, IIs & IIIs were ahead of their time???............

How about Oceanic Ocean Pros? They even came with spring straps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom