Tusa fins

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

expatjane

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I have a pair of Tusa LiberatorX and love them but the buckle has broken. Does anyone know of any if non-Tusa buckle or strap replacements that will work? Having trouble getting Tusa in New Zealand (the tusa replacement strap is more than a new pair of fins!!) Thanks.

I have Tusa's but the Xpert Zoom.

For a while I had the Mares quick release fin straps on them and they worked fine. But not the ones that are currently sold online - although they may also work. I probably had the one referred to as the "old discontinued model" listed here. Mares ABS Plus Locking Fin / Buckle Assembly 415337 with reviews at scuba.com Of course for what they get for them, you might as well buy new fins.

This probably fits also: Aqua Quick-Release Fin Buckle, without Fin Strap RP71 - maybe you can source one locally.

if you have some good quality bungee you could convert them to that. Use a length of bicycle innertube for heel. Bungee goes into the back where the strap clip goes in, then out the top hole, around and down the side, into the bottom hole, then back out same as it came in. overhand knot around the bungee that came in holds the adjustment. Or maybe you can see a better way.

Best of luck

I have a pair of Tusa LiberatorX and love them but the buckle has broken. Does anyone know of any if non-Tusa buckle or strap replacements that will work? Having trouble getting Tusa in New Zealand (the tusa replacement strap is more than a new pair of fins!!) Thanks.

I have some spare straps but having never seen the Tusa posts cannot be sure if they'd fit or not. I can pop to a local store on Wednesday and check as they stock Tusa fins. If you can post a picture of the posts that would help. What size are your fins/your feet. If any of mine fit I'm happy to send them to you. I'll post back Wednesday after I've checked store. I'm pretty sure they have the more common larger posts same as Oceanic, Cressi and newer Taiwanese Mares.

---------- Post added March 2nd, 2015 at 05:59 AM ----------

Are yours the spring straps or rubber? Your initial post is unclear but given you say replacement is more than the fins I'm going to guess spring straps?

I have a pair of the Mares buckle straps (barely used) that I could send you, just pay for shipping. Although I think you may find something suitable locally that is cheaper than shipping to NZ from Texas!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom