Mares Viper mask anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anytime123

Registered
Reaction score
I can't find much info about this mask.
How does it perform in freediving/spearfishing?
What volume in ml it have? I cannot find Mares contact info on their site :(

133407.jpg

Anyone know where to order one for delivery in USA? Is it available yet?

marez viper by basic freediver

The new skirt and the looks of the mask made me want to try it in comparison to my technisub micro which needed replacement.
Skirt design was more flexiable so seems to give a greater surface area around the face to seal even with only a small smooth edge on it. the pressure of the mask was notiable moved from the front to the side of the face due to the skirt extending around the face further. i did the water volume test and got an average of 109ml over 5 tests with it just tight enough on face to hold the water.
for me this one is a winner as the field of vision is great and the seal/comfort is brilliant.
i also have a sphera, and ufit, but this one now takes the top position over the technisub as best seal, and most comfortable.

I can't find much info about this mask.
How does it perform in freediving/spearfishing?
What volume in ml it have? I cannot find Mares contact info on their site :(

View attachment 206157

This is a little article I did on the Viper for DeeperBlue from DEMA: https://www.deeperblue.com/mares-viper-mask-now-shipping/

The mask that is shipping looks slightly different than the pictures above.

---------- Post added November 24th, 2015 at 08:51 PM ----------

My Viper mask just arrived today! Amazing fit!!!

I like the way the masks skirt lays absolutely flush with my forehead. There is no internal volume in that part of the mask. That's the benefit to using the single edge seal. A double edge can't lay flush like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom