Fin Socks

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I get blisters on my toes every trip after multiple dives. Any recommendations? Any advice on fin sock materials, brands, etc?

---------- Post added April 20th, 2015 at 09:37 AM ----------

Should add - mostly tropical diving, not looking really for anything too thick or heavy duty boots.
Ideally would like socks that work w full foot and adjustable fins (I've gotten blisters w both, although adjustable fins arent as bad)

I just wear a pair of Lycra socks with my full foot fins. Work great. Can wear them in boots too.

When you buy Lycra socks, there are a few thickness size. the 1st pair i ever bought were so thin it did nothing. then i bought a nice 2/3 mil and it work out for me.

On trips where I'm diving a lot I wear a pair of Henderson 1mm dive socks inside my booties. I'll also often use a simple pair of thin wool cycling socks.

I suffer from the same malady and I hate ruining a dive trip over sore feet. XS Scuba has regular lycra socks. They also have a "beefy" sock that is a bit thicker. I have used both with good results.

+1 on the XS Scuba lycra socks. They really speed up wet suit/skin donning and rinse out and dry in no time at all.

For warm water, I wear these Subgear shoes with my fins.

Sub Gear Dive-N-Beach Shoes

Why hassle with a sock? If you're going to put something on your foot more than just the fin itself, why not put something on that you can leave on between dives (if you feel like it) and makes a good deck/beach/reef shoe?

For warm water, I wear these Subgear shoes with my fins.

Sub Gear Dive-N-Beach Shoes

Why hassle with a sock? If you're going to put something on your foot more than just the fin itself, why not put something on that you can leave on between dives (if you feel like it) and makes a good deck/beach/reef shoe?

How do you stuff those into a full foot fin?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom