Prescription Mask

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

muddyriverdogz

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Im in need of a prescription mask single vision that is farsided. My prescription is OD +4.25,OS +3.00.

If anybody could help that would be wonderful.

Thanks Chad

Seavision only goes up to a +2.00 and i need a +4.25 in one eye.

From what i have read the + is the difficult prescription to get and not have tunnel vision.Im game to having them custom made if it doesnt cost an arm and a leg.

My snorkel (now backup) mask is just for distance. For diving I have bifocal mask for reading gauges and compass and close in examination of things.

My wife bought one from deep blue a couple of years ago and is quite happy with it. I'm quite sure it didn't cost $65 back then, though...

I went to the Long Beach Scuba Show and bought my prescription mask off a rack there. It is not exactly 100% what my prescription is, but they are close and I see perfectly with them above and below water.

Oh, and I bought them when the shop was tearing down at the end of the show and only paid $10 for two pair :)

five years later, they are still the best buy I have ever made on scuba gear.

Back
Top Bottom