ID Request: What Brand/Type of Mask is This? Purge Valve?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Josh Yager

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hello everyone, I'm newly registered but a long-time lurker here, ever since I began diving a couple years ago. I purchased an equipment lot online that included this mask. I've left a few images below. It came with a Mares case and seems to have a sort of hard plastic (not soft) purge valve at the nose. I'm unsure if it is actually a Mares brand, since the equipment was all from different manufacturers. I've searched around a bit, but there isn't much to go on. Does anyone know the specific model of this item? Thanks for your time in advance!

2870uh.jpg

23kck06.jpg

It kind of does but not exactly because the hard clear plastic frame on them extends past the colored band. Also the buckle mount is different from what I can see in the picture looking thru the glass. Your is much less curvy than the Tusa's and the style suggests it's older.

Capture.JPG

Yours looks older also - maybe an older Tusa though. I have a ten year old Tusa mask and it also looks more like ^ than yours. Tilos made a similar looking mask once also - my old shop was a Tilos dealer and I remember seeing something similar in blue on the wall - single window, the purge in front. I think it was a soft purge though - and maybe all in black. But we're talking in the late 90's.

Any marks/symbols on it anywhere? Post an image if there is.

It also could be a snorkel mask..

Last edited:
Aqualung Pacifica. N

Back
Top Bottom