Edge Transcend Fins Anyone?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

bbarnett51

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
It's about time for some new fins. I'll be using them for recreational diving and spearfishing. I have gone to mostly HOG/EDGE gear and they haven't disappointed but I can't find much on these fins. I'm not opposed to the Tech 2s (in fact I bought a pair but they were 2 big) but the reviews say they are more suited for control and not thrust. I'm not in a race but I would value thrust more since I don't dive in tight place.

Soooo any transcend reviews?

They are a nice entry level fin. I've only used them in the pool. I've gotten used to the Tech 2 fins and have been using my Hollis F1's for years now in what I call open water.
The Transcends are not as stiff a fin as I like. They are light. If I had to compare them another fin I've used it would be to my old Aqualung Blades as far as stiffness goes.
I have a number of recreational divers using them and they compare them with the Zeagle Talon or Genesis Coronados. The latter is the best selling fin at the shop whose pool I use for classes.
In fact they look strikingly similar. Since there are only a handful of fin mfg's of this type for recreational diving it would not surprise me if they came out of the same factory. I have yet to hear any complaints about them other than they wish they came with spring straps.

Jim if I decide to get some I'll contact you. BUT today I was cleaning out the crawl space under the lakehouse and found some of my dad's old gear in a bag. 3 pairs of fins including perfect condition Dacor Jet 2s. I love these fins. Not sure what the others are. pumped

Back
Top Bottom