Subgear Steel Pro (not comp)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kebosatu

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi Guys,

http://www.subgear.com/en-US/products/en/steel-pro/

I like the look of this mask, Subgear Steel Pro the first time I saw it. However I hardly see one using this mask out there... And since I'm based out of U.S, it's a bit high investment for me.

Wondering if anyone can give some inputs or reviews. Not whether if it fits to one's face. But more to whether it suitable for scuba, comfort level in the deeper depth, view range, etc?

Thanks in advance,
Kebo

It's a scuba mask. Like it or not fit is everything. If it fits perfectly it's worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. If it doesn't $5 is too much for it. I see Leisure Pro has it for 79.00. Personally I don't care what brand a mask is. I have never paid more than 50 bucks for one. The one I use currently was 39.00. Now the prescription lenses I had to have put in it were a lot more than that but I knew that going in. I've tried masks ranging from 20.00 to over 120.00. All "low profile with soft silicone skirts" and ya know what? For field of view, in reality, did not see much difference. Comfort? The 20.00 one felt better than the 120.00 one. How it feels at depth? It's an air space you have to equalize. Done properly it should feel the same at 130 as it does at 10.

The reason you may not see anyone using it is because it's just a mask and fit is more important than name, price, reviews, etc. Reviews are all intensely personal preference. If it don't fit it's junk for the person it does not fit. If it does fit, it's priceless. Don't overthink this as far as brand and manufacturer ad copy.

Yes.. Completely agree... Fit is everything, didnt really ask abt fit level earlier because I know even if it fits others doesn't mean it will fits me too.

This mask is not available in my region, thus i cannot try. I just like the look of it.

Guess i'm looking some additional justification to get this mask. It will be $105 mask once it reach my region including shipping cost.

My current $15 mask never fail me till today... This one is a big jump in term of cost...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

---------- Post added July 4th, 2015 at 11:29 PM ----------

It's a scuba mask. Like it or not fit is everything. If it fits perfectly it's worth whatever you are willing to pay for it. If it doesn't $5 is too much for it. I see Leisure Pro has it for 79.00. Personally I don't care what brand a mask is. I have never paid more than 50 bucks for one. The one I use currently was 39.00. Now the prescription lenses I had to have put in it were a lot more than that but I knew that going in. I've tried masks ranging from 20.00 to over 120.00. All "low profile with soft silicone skirts" and ya know what? For field of view, in reality, did not see much difference. Comfort? The 20.00 one felt better than the 120.00 one. How it feels at depth? It's an air space you have to equalize. Done properly it should feel the same at 130 as it does at 10.

The reason you may not see anyone using it is because it's just a mask and fit is more important than name, price, reviews, etc. Reviews are all intensely personal preference. If it don't fit it's junk for the person it does not fit. If it does fit, it's priceless. Don't overthink this as far as brand and manufacturer ad copy.

Jim,

Thanks for the comments.

Read this part "low profile with soft silicone skirts". It makes me wonder if SOFT silicon skirts is important after many deeper dives?

I was once questioning this before but i don't think much of it, who knows actually skirts does matter.

Thanks,
Kebo

All silicone skirts are soft. Some softer than others yes. But unless you're doing tech dives with a couple hours of deco at least I wonder that you'd even notice.

Ah, Got it. Thanks for the inputs!

-kebo

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom