Wich fin from scubapro?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

franklinreinoza

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Im making my padi open water course so im new to everething, I need to buy a fin and it must be a scubapro? Wich one you recommend me? I like Twin speed or razor ? because twin jet is expensive for me.

thx Franklin

sorry about my english

If you can afford, I will go with Twin jet with a life time warranty

I had the twin jets, but found them a tad soft for fine movement. I tried the twin speeds and immediately sold my twin jets. The twin speeds are very stiff and one can do very precise movements with them. Also, very good in strong currents.

While Scubapro makes some very good masks and fins, their prices tend to the high side. A Scubapro Frameless mask is an excellent mask but not worth the $100.00 price tag from an authorized dealer. If your trainer is requiring you to use Scubapro equipment, I suggest you find another trainer or be prepared to spend at least twice what you need to spend to get started in scuba. I believe someone is trying to take advantage of you.

The Jet Fin is perfect for any type of diving you will ever want to do.

Let explain what its happen, in my country venezuela i can only find two brand mares and scubapro and i dont know why mares here is a lot more expensive than scubapro. That is why i want to buy only scubapro

thx i hope that explain

and another brand that you can find some times is technisub (is it a good brand?)

For Mares, volo power/race are definately expensive(160>), but you might wanna look up the original volos still in stock(they used to be 160 but are cheaper now). Quattros are realli realli hard fins to use. plana Avantis(or x3)(around $60) require some efforts but should be cheap, you sure you checked with multiple dealers on that?
I personally think jet fins are too heavy, just a while ago my instructor and I found a fin (I think its jet fins or another fin made of the same material) at a depth at around 50ft. We found the owner and found out that he lost both his fins at that same dive. They couldn't recover the fins because unlike most fins that are dyed bright colors and float, jets are black and sink like rocks.
VCA is the most basic fin scubapro has, they run ay $70 here in US and should be alright for beginners. Both twin speed and twin jets are good fins, though I do receive a higher passion for the twin jets. If I have the choice, id spend the extra $35 for a pair of twin jets($190vs$155)(why would you consider the twin jets to be too expensive in the first place?)

I would stay away from split fins. I tried out just about every brand available a while back, and none of them were very good, IMO. They don't work well for special fin kicks, and they're kind of a solution for a non-existant problem.

I don't know how big of a guy you are, but I'm not terribly strong, yet I find my pair of fins, which are extremely stiff, perfect for me. And they work delightfully for frog kicking, which will save you air and allow you to be more relaxed on a dive than doing the flutter kick always.

I'm an instructor, a really old one :)

If it weren't for split fins I doubt I'd still be diving. Maximum propulsion, minimum effort, the twin jets work great for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom